5 tbsp better than bullion
4 cups of water
1/4 cup red onion chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Sriracha
sweetener (equal to 2 tsp in sweetness, add a little then taste)
Bamboo slices 1 cup cut into 1 inch pieces (basically cut in half)
1 1/2 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 stalk of green onion chopped
2 eggs beaten
2 tsp xanthum gum mixed with olive oil (optional add at very end)
3 tsp sesame seeds (add at the end)
This is altered from tasty low carb egg drop soup. https://tasty-lowcarb.com/low-carb-egg-drop-soup/
1. Saute red onions in olive oil over medium heat for 4 minutes.
2. Turn up the heat to medium high and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the eggs, xanthum gum, sesame seeds and green onions.
3. Bring to a rolling boil.
4. Turn the heat down to low for one minute then slowly pour in the beaten eggs while whisking briskly to biçim egg strands.
5. Mix in xanthum gum mixed with olive oil (this just thickens the soup, an oil mixed with xanthum gum keeps it from clumping )
6. Top with green onions and serve hot.
This can be altered as you like. For example you can add in sliced mushrooms, chicken or tofu. If you don’t like egg in it you can add sauteed spinach. It cooks down and resembles the egg strands. It makes a nice quick and easy soup. You can use multiple hot sauces and adjust heat to your liking. If looking for more vegetarian use not chicken bullion.