Daily Good Pin
Jambalaya, for that Cajun craving!
Welcome to /r/ketorecipes! You can find our [rules here](https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/wiki/index) and the [Keto FAQs here](https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq). Please be sure to include a detailed recipe in your post (this means **ingredients**, **directions**, and **plain text**) or in the comments, not a link to the recipe, or it will be removed per the sub rules!* Please report any rule-violations to the moderators and keep doing the lard’s work!
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/ketorecipes) if you have any questions or concerns.*
I picked up a pack of Andouille sausage from Trader Joe’s this past weekend. Wasn’t sure what to do with it, but knew I figured it out. It hit me, duh! Jambalaya! I throw the following together after being inspired by multiple recipes. I used a spicier Creole seasoning ([this](https://www.tonychachere.com/More-Spice-Seasoning–P1257.aspx)). This is certainly perfect for a cold fall/winter day (or week if you meal prep)
Makes 6 servings
* 3tbsp butter
* 543g of Cauliflower (1 head), riced
* 80g (1/2c) Celery, chopped
* ~139g / 1c / 1 whole Bell Pepper, chopped
* ~30g / 1/4c chopped Onion
* ~450g / ~1lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into cubes
* Smoked Andouille Sausage (I used a 4 pack of the Trader Joe’s), cut into half-rounds
* 1 tsp Salt
* 1/2tsp Black Pepper
* 1 tsp Minced Garlic
* 1c Lower Sodium Chicken Broth (2 cups if you want it more soupy)
* 1 can (14.5oz) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
* 2 tablespoon Creole/Cajun Seasoning
* 1/4 tsp Thyme, Dried
* 1/4 tsp Cayenne
* 1 Jalapeno Pepper (30g / 1.06 oz) – optional for extra spice
1. Melt the three tablespoons of butter in a large skillet or dutch oven.
2. Cook the chicken and the sausage then remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Put the celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, and black pepper to the pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until tender.
4. Add in the chicken broth, fire-roasted tomatoes, Creole seasoning, thyme, cayenne pepper, and jalapeño if using.
5. Return the chicken and sausage to the pan and simmer about 10 minutes.
6. Then add in the riced cauliflower. Simmer to combine flavors another 15-20 minutes. If needed, add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
Macros: 6.3g Net Carbs, 14.3g Fat, 39.4g protein, 339 calories.
As a certified Cradle Cajun, I have to tell you, this seems like a sacrilege to me, but it sure does look good.
Growing up in Louisiana, I can tell you that Louisiana folk are insufferable when it comes to anything Louisiana. Glad you’re taking the comments well haha.
Gonna send this to the wife and hopefully cook it one day.
I did this recently and it was amazing. I actually got frozen cauliflower, coated it with oil, then baked it at 425 for close to an hour. I then combined. The cauliflower had a much more rice like texture.
Damn, that looks good.
Looks amazing! I love jumbalaya but haven’t had it since being on keto. I’m going to try this next time I get a craving for New Orleans style cuisine.
The sacrilege is turning a soul food dish into something “healthy” lol
This looks good…but it is nowhere near jambalaya…just no no no.
Source: from South Louisiana, have a 20 gallon cast iron jambalaya pot that my great grandmother used to do laundry in. We don’t play
I made some just last week! It was amazing!
Just made this recipe tonight. Cooked the sausage and chicken in the sous vide and then sautéed those in a bit more butter than called for to get more of that flavor. Even without that, this recipe is honestly better than the majority of jambalaya dishes we’ve had during our times in NOLA. Thank you (a thousand times over)!
I made this for dinner. It was SO good. Thank you for posting!!
Any ideas on a substitution for the cauliflower rice? Our family has some allergy concerns and believe it or not, cauliflower is one.
Looks good . I didn’t realise that tomatoes were an option though thought they would have too many carbs in them
Yorum yapabilmek için giriş yapmalısınız.