Daily Good Pin
KETO PROTEIN PUMPKIN BARS
Welcome to /r/ketorecipes! You can find our [rules here](https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/wiki/index) and the [Keto FAQs here](https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq). Please be sure to include a detailed recipe in your post (this means **ingredients**, **directions**, and **plain text**) or in the comments, not a link to the recipe, or it will be removed per the sub rules!* Please report any rule-violations to the moderators and keep doing the lard’s work!
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/ketorecipes) if you have any questions or concerns.*
Protein? There’s only three grams of protein in it.
Recipe Credit: [https://ketocomfit.com/keto-protein-pumpkin-bars/](https://ketocomfit.com/keto-protein-pumpkin-bars/)
#### HEALTHY PUMPKIN BARS
* 1 cup Pumpkin puree
* 1/4 cup Coconut oil
* 2 oz Cream cheese
* 2 large Egg
* 1 tsp Vanilla extract
* 1 cup Blanched almond flour
* 2/3 cup Erythritol sweetener blend
* 2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
* 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 tsp Sea salt
#### CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
* 6 oz Cream cheese (softened, cubed)
* 1/2 cup Powdered erythritol
* 1 tsp Vanilla extract
* 1 tbsp Heavy cream (optional, for easier frosting)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a 9×9 in (23×23 cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Using a bowl in the microwave or a double boiler on the stove, melt together the cream cheese and coconut oil, until you can stir them together easily.
3. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil/cream cheese mixture, eggs and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer at medium speed, until smooth.
4. In another bowl, stir together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
5. Add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat with the hand mixer at low speed, until just combined.
6. Transfer the batter to the lined baking pan and smooth the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
7. To make the frosting, use a hand mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla, until smooth. (You can thin it out with a little milk or cream if you’d like.) Let the bars cool completely before frosting and cutting.
This recipe looks yummy. Basically a crustless pumpkin pie using Low Carb sweetener. …Then topping it with icing! Sort of a less-guilty alternative to the desserts served at most holiday meals in the USA.
But, as a viable snack for a Keto diet, I’d want a much higher protein value.
For those that noted the lack of protein, why not throw protein powder into the main mixture? I wonder how it would affect the consistency?
I’ve made a similar “Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Bar” many times for my daughter.
It’s basically the same ingredients as this post, but the ratios are different… I LOAD it with eggs as the main ingredient, then add the fats… exactly the same as a crustless quiche. Then flavour it with the pumpkin, sweetener and spices. Sometimes I would press down an almond meal crust into the bottom of the pan before pouring in the egg mixture. After it’s cooled and refrigerated, I find it plenty sweet. No need for icing.
It’s great to grab a slice out of the fridge, shove it at a tween-ager as they run out the door, and they can eat it on the school bus.
Having married outside the USA, I live in New Zealand now. The pumpkin commonly eaten here does not lend the same flavour, in my opinion. So, I use orange kumara (a native sweet potato) or butternut squash. That being said, I cannot post a recipe for it as I don’t know the carb contents of these alternate veggies.
Nearly 50 calories per gram of protein. Why even bother including “protein” in the name of the recipe? I understand this is ketorecipes and not something like ketogains but goddamn this was a misleading post.
Am i missing the “protein” component of these?
These are my favorite! I’m obsessed with making them as soon as we run out. Notes: Swerve used in both parts makes them extra-sugary sweet, and plain Erythritol will give the pumpkin pie part a more authentic taste. I still use Swerve confectionary on the icing, and it creates a nice balance.
do you think they’d be good with ham? i love ham and pumpkin together
They look awesome
I look forward to trying this!
That’s it! I know what I want to do when I get home: make this!
Then life will be complete.
That seems to be the thing now. Does it have any protein at all? Throw the word protein on the package and see if idiots buy it.
Yorum yapabilmek için giriş yapmalısınız.