I’m new to keto and I have been excited by the new culinary challenges keto provides. Tonight I came up with this recipe based off of what I had in the fridge and it was delicious! I hope you all enjoy as well.
Keto Shepherd’s Pie
Cauliflower Mash Topping:
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
– 1 tbsp of cream cheese
– salt and pepper
– chop up a cauliflower head into florets, steam for 10 minutes.
– sauté garlic in oil until fragrant
– combine cauliflower, garlic, parmesan, cream cheese, salt and pepper into a food processor, then blend until creamy.
– 1lb of ground beef
– 2-3 tbsp of cream cheese
– 1/2 a medium onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 5 sweet peppers
– half a head of broccoli
– 10 Brussel sprouts
– salt and pepper
– red pepper flakes
– prepare veggies by chopping up into even pieces. I used onion, garlic, sweet peppers, broccoli, and Brussel sprouts. But feel free to add any veggies of your preference.
– put ground beef into a hot pan with olive oil on medium-high heat
– once beef is nearly browned, season with salt and pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Then add the chopped up veggies, stirring occasionally.
– once cooked, add a few spoonfuls of cream cheese and mix it into the beef and veggie mixture.
Shepherd’s Pie Assembly:
– cauliflower mash
– beef and veggie filling
– cheddar cheese
– pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
– pour beef mixture into a round, lipped pan and spread evenly.
– add mashed cauliflower on top and spread evenly and season with pepper.
– insert into oven and cook for about 20 min.
– remove pan from oven. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and put it back in the oven on a low broil. Broil until the cheese is a nice bubbly brown.
[Keto Shepherd’s Pie](https://imgur.com/gallery/Pu6QKEB)