**Cook Time / Carb Info**
Prepping Time 5M
Marinating Time 24H
Cooking Time 5M
Total Time 24H10M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
1 1/2 lb Slice of Pork Belly (the Costco one is about 10″ in length)
1 tbsp Sesame Oil (if pan frying)
4-6 Garlic Clove (more depending on personal preference)
1/4 Whole Jalapeno
2 tbsp Japanese Sake
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Korean miso (can be replaced with Japanese Miso)
Directions Full step by step picture recipe @ [https://www.lowcarbingasian.com/korean-bbq-garlic-marinated-pork-belly](https://www.lowcarbingasian.com/korean-bbq-garlic-marinated-pork-belly)
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Grate garlic with a grater or a garlic press and place into a mixing bowl.
3. Finely dice jalapeno and combine into the mixing bowl.
4. Combine rest ingredients for marinade into the mixing bowl – Japanese sake, Sesame Oil and Korean miso. Mix well and set aside.
5. Cut pork belly into ~4 inch lengths and ~1/2 inch thickness and add into a zip-lock, along with the marinade. Massage in the marinade ensuring equal distribution. Note – it’s easier to slice meat more precisely if semi-frozen.
6. Place zip-lock bag flat in the fridge for 24 hours (up to 36 hours) flipping over at least once half way through the marinate.
7a) If pan frying, add 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil to a large Teflon frying pan and bring up to temperature on high, should take around 1-2 minutes. Once up to temp, reduce to medium heat, aktarma pork belly and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned. Aktarma to a serving plate. Note – watch carefully when cooking since miso will burn very easily.
7b) Preheat grill on high until temp reaches ~350F. Once the grill is up to temp, lower heat to medium-low and place pork belly on the grill. Close lid and cook for ~2-3 minute until browned. Flip pork bellies and repeat. Once cooked, aktarma to a serving plate. Note – watch carefully when cooking since miso will burn very easily.